C3EU combines leading scholars with early-career researchers and draws on multidisciplinary expertise in EU external perceptions, CFSP, ENP, governance, IR, media, communication, cognitive and linguistic studies. The research strategy examines:
- Official policy discourse towards the EU;
- EU media framing;
- EU perceptions among policy-makers;
- Narratives about the EU among youth; and
- Makes policy recommendations.
C3EU employs an innovative comprehensive approach using tested qualitative and quantitative methods to generate an accurate assessment of EU diplomatic engagement with Ukraine as well as Israel and Palestine under crises and provides a comprehensive avenue to improve EU perceptions. Ultimately, C3EU will provide EU stakeholders with unique information to elaborate relevant policies and devise outreach initiatives to influence target audiences in the most effective and cost-efficient manner.
The logic of the C3EU:
Based on a wide-range of multidisciplinary research and monitoring methods, this project is designed around four major objectives:
- Monitoring the EU images in the daily coverage of the most popular prestigious national newspapers, prime time television news bulletins, and relevant Internet sites (Media Analysis)
- Detecting view and attitudes on the EU among national political, business, civil society and media policy- and decision-makers (Elite Opinion Analysis)
- Surveying public opinion on the EU (Youth Opinion Analysis)
- Producing policy-recommendations for the EU and external stakeholders
All activities outlined are replicated in each respective country:
They reach a great number of students, researchers, and stakeholders and occur within the same time frame in each stage of the project.
C3EU involves both young researchers in the beginning of their academic career and experienced noted scholars from different disciplines. Close cooperation and research synergy across borders are among major achievements of the project.